A resilience flood fair is being held at Christ Church, Cockermouth on Wednesday 16 th March 15:00-19:00.
- Cumbria County Council
- Allerdale Borough Council
- Environment Agency
- National Flood Forum
- JT Atkinson
- Cumbria Community Foundation
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Cockermouth Rotary
And more will be available to provide information and advice on flood resilience & protection of your property and funding streams will be available. A poster is available here.
I’m sorry for the delay in posting the latest bulletin from Friday. It contains information about Cumbria County Council drop-in sessions tomorrow:
Thursday 3rd March 09:30-12:00 Cockermouth Library (local collection room)
Thursday 3rd March 12:30-14:30 Bridge Café, Wakefield Road
- Bridge Café on Wakefield Road Car Park
- Local funding available from Cockermouth Rotary
- Latest bridge and road closures
- New arrangements for the removal of flood-damaged waste
- HWRC Permit Scheme Update
- Crime prevention advice
Whether you are a resident or a business there are a number of different grants that can help you get back on your feet including the following:
- £500 for any household in a residential property that has been flooded for us for general
- Up to £5000 for any residential or business property that has been flooded and wants to carry out resilient repairs to make their property more repairable in the event of flooding or install resistant measures, such as installation of flood barriers.
- Business Recovery Grants to help businesses get back on their feet
- Funding for individuals and families from the Cumbria Community Foundation
- Help for voluntary, sporting and community groups
- Help with Council Tax and Business Rates
- Support for Farmers
The full bulletin can be found by clicking the link: CK flood bulletin 8 26th February
Are you interested in Floodproof Kitchens?
Suprema Kitchens will be at The Toyshop on Wednesday 17th February between 4pm and 7pm.
They will bring samples of the units and will be available to answer questions
Tel 01278 550245