- If you have been affected by flooding, help and advice is available at Christ Church, Sullart Street.
- If anyone needs or knows anyone needing practical help in Cockermouth, please contact Katy, Cockermouth Volunteer Coordinator: 07598991162
- If you want to VOLUNTEER for dirty, physical work in Cockermouth, please come to Christ Church, Sullart Street, at 10am or 1pm today.
- If you want to DONATE FURNITURE, please fill out this form: http://bit.ly/1NbGI2Q
- If you want to OFFER ACCOMMODATION, please fill out this form: http://bit.ly/1TAZ7b3
- If you want to DONATE FOOD or CLOTHING, please fill out this form: http://bit.ly/1lP3Wm3
- If you want to donate a Christmas Present for a child, please take to Cumberland Building Society or Barclay
Cockermouth by Candlelight this Friday (11 December) 4pm to 8pm will be host to Kirkgate Arts’ children’s lantern parade, festive musicians, Cairngorm reindeer, Santa and his grotto and vintage buses. As many shops as possible will be open for late night shopping. Allerdale Borough Council have also offered free parking in each of their (unsubmerged) car parks.
Taste Cumbria will take place this weekend (the 12th and 13th December) on Cockermouth Main Street. Sample our mouthwatering hot food, mulled wine and delicious produce from some of Taste Cumbria’s finest producers. A marquee full of Christmas themed kids activities will provide entertainment for the whole family!
As well as the usual Taste Cumbria foodie treats, to support our local businesses there will be stalls available free of charge to all shops and businesses affected by the recent flooding, so that they can continue trading, from toys to lingerie there will be something for everyone.