The aim of the Cockermouth Flood Wardens scheme is to increase community readiness for future emergencies. The scheme is still in its early stages but some of the details of the scheme can be found below.
Role of Flood Warden
Preparation of Community
- To collect and update information from households in their allocated zone.
- Identify vulnerable residents who would need assistance in an emergency situation.
- Encourage residents to complete the Household Emergency Plan.
- Advise residents to ensure all household drains are clear and functioning.
- Observe that highway drains within the zone are clear and draining and if necessary sweep away debris Continue reading “Flood Warden Scheme”